[ale] curious spam

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue May 13 07:39:50 EDT 2008

So, I'm quite curious.  I changed my dsl to bellsouth and in doing so,
you must create an email address of the form user at bellsouth.net, which I
did.

Beyond that effort, I do not use this email address, but I've set it up
to forward to one I do use as Bellsouth/AT&T says they will send
administrative emails to that address.

It's not been a month and already I'm receiving spam to that email
address.  How is this even possible?  Is AT&T/Bellsouth publishing these
addresses in some way?

The email address is not 'intuitively obvious to the casual observer,'
thus I don't think it's an automated email generator that's sending me
the spam.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin