[ale] Dual Opteron Motherboard Recommendations

Greg Canter gcanter at atnex.net
Fri May 9 11:52:27 EDT 2008

I have an old Arima HDAMC motherboard that runs 2 Opteron 246's (Socket 940)
that is starting to show it's age (I got it from Monarch in their heyday)
and I am looking for a replacement.  The only things I see on the market are
SuperMicro and Tyan boards.  I have had problems with one Tyan that I had
(server motherboard) and have not heard great things about SuperMicro.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations for a dual Opteron
motherboard ??  I understand they are dying breed due to multi-cores (mine
has AGP even) but I am not really wanting to buy a new processor if I can
help it.

Thanks,

Greg