[ale] Back to the holy war (Was: Re: dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg)

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri May 9 09:33:21 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 09:11 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> Difference between Admins and Programmers - Yep - it is always the
> programmers that ask for it.  Having been an Admin since 1991 I've
> heard the request only a dozen times which makes me think that it is
> not even ALL programmers that love it but merely a few die hards.

I wouldn't admin without my Emacs, either, if it were available.  :)  It
serves so many purposes and is useful in so many situations.  Of course,
I wouldn't write software without it, either... what other IDEs
integrate with so many version control systems and are
programming-language neutral and easy to extend?

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us
cell: 678-522-7934                       im: mike at trausch.us, jabber