[ale] printers

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu May 8 07:05:14 EDT 2008

On Wed May 7 2008, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> The government decided that I didn't need no steeking economic
> stimulus.  :-/

uh huh..

> That's alright though, the printer only costs twice my refund!  :)

not sure what I'll get, have to wait and see.

> In all seriousness, though, I am hoping to have _it_ or something
> similar to it by the end of the year.  (I'd originally planned for
> mid-year, but that's coming awfully close, and things are still tighter
> than will permit me to buy an item like a duplex printer.)

since I don't normally do much serious printing, it isn't a critical mass
issue... food comes first:)

> I wouldn't be in such a hurry if I could do a good job of manual
> duplexing on my current printer, but the paper bends too much and jams
> too easily for duplex jobs longer than 80 pages.

my longest is usually the 3-page Delta ticket receipt:) and I try to only
print page 1-2. the barcode, and the pricing. My wife will print web pages...
after more web pages.. I tried to setup the Epson as  2 printers, the default
being epson greyscale, NO COLOR.. it didn't work.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800