[ale] printers

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu May 8 07:01:21 EDT 2008

On Wed May 7 2008, Jim Kinney wrote:
> If you're doing loads of photo printing, ink jet is the best choice for
> budget needs (except the cartridges are $$$ over time!). The newer Epson
> "R" series has outstanding output (even has a clear top coating for gloss
> and UV protection AND has archival inks). They have a "business class"
> setup that does very nice output and uses multi-tank inks (4 tanks) and are
> workhorse quality. Epson has solid support for cups drivers. The "R" series
> is for serious art-house stuff.
basically I'm looking to replace my Epson 880, which replaced my Epson 660,
which replaced my Epson 600, which replaced my Panasonic KX-P1124 ( which I
still have in the basement). I like the Eprson because they work, and you can
get the cartridges from inkjetcartridge.com really cheap, like 5 for $45..

> Avoid the sub-$70 printers as they just eat cartridges (all brands) and
> have really crappy paper handling.

yeah, I know..
I was looking at Circuitcity, where they have the Epson R280:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Epson-Stylus-R280-Photo-Printer-R280/sem/rpsm/oid/194784/catOid/-12971/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
6 cartridges...

--
Paul Cartwright