[ale] Job Opportunity- Linux/System Admin

Kelly Flanagan KFlanagan at lancope.com
Tue May 6 15:17:38 EDT 2008

Hello - I am currently searching for a Linux/Systems Admin that will
support a team of 20 developers for a company located in Alpharetta.
The company is a high-tech late stage start up which is able to provide
a lot of growth opportunity.  The job description is below.  Please
contact me if you are interested in this position or pass it along to
anyone who might be.  You can reach me at 770.225.6515 or at
kflanagan at lancope.com

Thank you for your help!

Position: Linux/Systems Administrator

Responsibilities:
* Daily verification of automated build results, including
troubleshooting issues, identifying and resolving problems (with
assistance from developers)
* Daily maintenance of the development lab and servers, including
deployment of new hardware, health monitoring for existing services
* Contributes to planning for hardware requirements as team grows
* Project work focused on enhancing the existing build process, with
assistance from developers

Required/Preferred Skills:
* Strong System Administrator skills for Linux environment
* Intermediate Level Experience with scripting (Bash and Perl preferred)
* Ability to manage a build environment, including familiarity with
source control (CVS or SVN preferred) and standard build tools (e.g
make, ant)
* Familiarity with RPM, deb, or comparable package builder
* 2- or 4-year technical degree, or equivalent experience
* 2 years experience in related role required (such as build management
and/or system/Linux administration)
* Experience with hardware storage technologies (SCSI,RAID,NAS,SAN) is a
plus
* Experience with configuring/managing networking hardware including
hubs, switches, and mid-range routers is a plus