[ale] OT: Planes and Li-Ion batteries

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue May 6 10:16:11 EDT 2008

Hard case your gear with pelican cases and ship it all by FedEx. Show up at
the airport with nothing but ID, cash, and ticket. Buy a book to read in
flight from the news stand. Wear no metal but a watch and belt buckle. Carry
a pair of foam earplugs and sleep on the place.

Screw the TSA. Useless bunch of fake security thugs. Failed to catch Navy
SEALS sneaking live grenades onto a commercial flight at Hartsfield last
November. They were too busy shaking down the 80 year old man with a walker.

2008/5/6 <danlambert at bellsouth.net>:

>   I carry a spare battery with me all the time. I have one in my bag right
> now, and I'm in Miami. I'll be flying back to Atlanta tomorrow.
>
> The trick is that it can't be in checked luggage. It has to be in your
> carry on bag.
>
> Dan
>
>  -------------- Original message from Christopher Fowler <
> cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>: --------------
>

> > I'm flying to Seattle Sunday and it is a 5.5 hour trip. I want to take
> > an extra laptop battery so my laptop will last most the trip. I thought
> > I read somewhere that this is no longer allowed. Anyone know the
> > details?

James P. Kinney III