[ale] Cannot get POP Summary

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Mon Jun 2 01:31:56 EDT 2008

2008/6/1 Marc Ferguson <mferguson at digitalalias.net>:
> Something seems to be really wrong with my Evolution.  One status bar says,
> "Storing folder (19% complete)".  The other status bar says "Fetching
> Mail".

If you have more than one POP3 connection occurring at the same time
(I believe you said you had 4 earlier), then you will see multiple
status messages as you indicated above.  What makes you think those
two statuses are problems?

> I disabled all POP3 extensions, but nothing seems to be working.

Disabling POP3 extensions is what will (in the future) prevent you
from d/l'ing duplicate emails.

> Do  I need to simply install the latest version of Evolution or can this issue
> be fixed?  Thanks.

Evo 2.12.13 should be plenty new enough (unless there is a known bug).
  Do you still get the "Cannot get POP summary"  message.  Is it
possible that the "Success" following that text implies that there was
an error but then success?

-Jim P.