[ale] email problems

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Jul 29 14:31:09 EDT 2008

On Tue July 29 2008, Jeff Lightner wrote:
> A fairly simple mechanism that I've used at email user level is to
> create a rule that allows certain senders/domains into inbox and
> relegates everything else to a spam folder.   Occasionally you'll get
> real mail in the spam folder and can tweak your rule to allow that mail.
> It helps from cluttering up your inbox though.

I use clamav and bogofilter. It seems like almost everything that ISN'T in my
adderssbook ends up in the S * P A M  folder, so if I see something in there,
I right-click, add it to my addressbook and hit CTRL-J to put it back in the
INBOX.(or create a filter for that person..)
As a for instance, almost everyone who responds to me personally, except the
list, Their emails end up in my S P A M filter..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800