[ale] Gdb / Insight / Source Navigator and signal handling

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Tue Jul 29 09:58:26 EDT 2008

ALErs -

I'm using 'gdb-6.6' and the corresponding 'insight' wrapper to debug a
native GNU/Linux app. Generally this is working, but I would like to
change one setting:

  When I send a signal to my app (i.e., '$ kill -SIGUSR1 <pid>') the
  debugger catches the signal fine and processes it as I intend, but it
  first traps the catch. I must then manually 'continue' the processing.

  Any way to turn off this trap, with or without 'insight'? (I also run
  'gdb' under 'emacs'.) I would like to field the signal smoothly without
  having to 'continue' the run.

TIA for any suggestions.

  -Mills