[ale] Dell offers Ubuntu 8.04 on new hardware

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Sun Jul 27 16:35:15 EDT 2008

Scott Castaline wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Dow_Hurst wrote:
>>
>>> I'm thinking about a new laptop so looked first at the Dell Ubuntu
>>> line.  Just a heads up that the M1330 is the only laptop at the
>>> moment with Nvidia graphics available.  The 1525 doesn't have that as
>>> an option.  That can change overnight as they add or mix models in
>>> the program. Dow
>>>
>> I have been extremely pleased with my new MacBook Pro. ;)

> Which one do you have? Have you installed Linux on it? Which distro?
> Dual boot? Go ahead and answer any other questions that I forgot to ask!

MacBook Pro 17". Currently a tri-boot, Red Hat EL 5 and Fedora 8
alongside MacOS X. Here are the specs:

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP4

There are a number of kernel patches specific to the MacBook that I've
not had the time to pursue, that brings alive a lot of the neat
functionality of the hardware.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin