[ale] ZoneMinder

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jul 24 13:44:10 EDT 2008

Geoffrey wrote:
> If you get a multiport card, you want a card that has a chip for each
> card.  That will likely cost at least $100 for the card.  If your card
> is a bttv based card, it will work with Linux.  I've got a link for a
> site that sells Linux supported cards, but it's at home and I am not.
>
> I have one watching my driveway and it works very well.  Caught some
> awesome lightening shows as well. :)
>
> I actually have mine scripted to archive all captured video once the
> disk space gets to 90%. ;)
>
> Also, any captured images pop up on my existing monitor as captured.
> Motion has a functionality to execute a script each time an image is
> captured.

I found this system on eBay

*http://tinyurl.com/5lhbos

Just needs the cams.  My dad said he saw one for $500 with cams and my
guess is that it too is "Imbedded" Linux.    That would be nice.

I looked at using ATV but I'm not sure how that would fit here.  First,
I'm licensed and he is not.  Second, I'm using it to monitor his
premises 24x7.  Not really a fit for ATV.

Can you comment or anyone else here in the IR cams that are sold on eBay?
You can find them there or on a site like www.409shop.com.  What should
I look out for?  Number of LEDs?

Chris
*