[ale] ZoneMinder

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jul 24 12:23:29 EDT 2008

Geoffrey wrote:
> Chris Fowler wrote:
>
>> Anyone using Linux CCTV like Zoneminder.
>>

> I'm using motion.

I saw that and was interested.  I got a call from my dad this morning
that ppl have attempted to steal copper from his shop's hvac system.  He
is looking at a camera system.  I found zoneminder and am looking into it.

I found a card off eBay with 4 CCTV BNC ports at $17.00.  It says only
windows but I bought it anyway.  I may try it in Linux.  All he wants is
recording and remote access.  He has high speed internet at the shop.
ZoneMinder and even this card comes with software to do that.   My
approach is to buy the equipment I can off eBay and setup a system.

Currently he has installed a few fake cams.   We'll put real ones in as
soon as i come up with a great plan.