[ale] Simple Linux/LAMP shared contact system reccomendations?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Jul 23 22:48:50 EDT 2008

I've been looking at SugarCRM for my internal use.
There's a third party add on that integrates my mail system (GroupWise) with it on the backend, so I have offline data through my cached mail client.
-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

Joshua Kite wrote:

> So what kind of issues does ACT! have that are driving you to consider
> something else?
We run ACT! 2005 and I believe it was their first version with .NET
integration.  All our laptops required an upgrade to 1GB just to run the
CRM.  It still runs dog slow.  2005 also does not run on Vista.   to
replace one laptop today with Vista means all have to be upgraded.  We
then have to upgrade to the new ACT! and that would require a server
upgrade as well.   Too much work.

When we got this version I was excited about being able to run SQL
against SQL Server but apparently it ships with a crippled version that
only ACT! can use.  There is no way for me to connect and run SQL.

ACT! has been a real pain to deal with.

What i like about SugarCRM is that it is web based.  I can store
contacts in MySQL and have replication for backup.  I can even pay them
to host everything for me.
Our reps however do like having access to the data OFFLINE.  A problem
for any web based CRM.  When I looked in SalesForce.com it was a feature
of their more expensive service.  When I pressed our resp on it, they
said they could live with the fact they had to be online to access
contact records.

--
Chris Fowler
OutPost Sentinel, LLC