[ale] What's the cheapest DSL service in Atlanta

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 17:42:04 EDT 2008

My friend for whom I set up an Xubuntu PC (thanks to Guilio for the
donation!) will be looking to get cheap high speed Internet (not dialup
as it turns out, hence I'm not giving her the Win98 laptop afterall),
and I know several folks have posted reports about the best DSL service
in the area.  Having only experience in the last 10 years with cable,
I'm wondering which DSL is the cheapest (stays low in price, not the
$19/month cable for the first six months then $40/month after that).  If
she could get the 784kbps down service for $20 month for the foreseeable
future, she'd be quite happy.  Anyone have a recommendation for which one?

On a side note, I'm getting more and more a fan of Xubuntu 8.04, it
really works remarkably well on these two 192 MB RAM boxes I've
installed it on, and they've been up for several days now with no
freezes, slowdowns, etc.  Even OpenOffice is quite usable on them,
although I'm showing recipients Abiword and GNumeric as the main ones to
use.

Best,
Daniel

--