[ale] New Topic: White Papers

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jul 16 15:14:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:08 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> There is too much traffic about dressing up for an interview.  I've
> picked a new topic.
>
> "White Papers"
>
> Does anyone really read them?

I'll bite.

Yes, but usually only when I am seeking information on some solution to
a problem that I haven't solved before (or haven't solved _recently_).
I don't often have the time to keep up with reading papers on topics
that I'm interested in but not actually working with, though.  I read
lots of blogs that fill a similar niche, but in smaller and more
distributed doses.  At least that way, I know about the other topics
that people are talking about and working with, and remember or bookmark
where to look for more details when I need them.

	--- Mike

--
My sigfile ran away and is on hiatus.