[ale] Since we're on the subject of jobs lately

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Jul 16 11:22:48 EDT 2008

I agree to a certain extent.  Usually I'll ask questions during an
interview to see if they're lying or were just hoping I'd make
assumptions.  I'll usually let it slide if they answer honestly and
don't try to blow smoke up where the sun don't shine.

My own experience is that it's better to put more in the resume and
answer specific questions than to leave things out.  You never know the
recruiters are using for screening.   I'm not a DBA but I have Oracle,
Sybase and Informix on my resume because I've supported environments
using those - often enough that's all they're looking for.  On occasion
I'd get a call for DBA work (even though the objective clearly indicated
Systems Administration work).  I'd rather be the one screening out
recruiters than vice-versa.