[ale] Since we're on the subject of jobs lately

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Wed Jul 16 10:45:06 EDT 2008

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008, Mike Harrison wrote:
>
>> I recently (two days ago) interviewed a guy I'd like to hire,
>> who wore a tie. Badly. It was new, shiney and like his new blue
>> shirt, just didn't fit.
>>

> You should have rung a cowbell and cut his tie off with a pair of
> scissors.
>
> Hey, it happend to me! Not a job interview, this was about 20 years ago in
> a steakhouse somewhere out west... Think it was this one.
> http://www.pppatio.com/OldFiles/history/index.html
>
> Garish green with white polka dot clown tie that hung down to my waist, so
> I even got an extra insult ad-libbed into the script:) Can't recall ever
> wearing a tie since.

Ran into a place like that in the Dallas area. They also featured a free
steak if you were able to eat it all along with the sides within a set
amount of time. I can't remember the name of the place but inside looked
like a barn, and you sat at really long tables with benches and with
everyone else. I believe the steak was about 24 or 26oz. along with an
oversized baked potato, and other side. I don't remember whether I did
it or not, but I do remember not being very hungry after, for a while.
Some one did show up wearing a tie and out came the garden shears, bye
bye tie!