[ale] Since we're on the subject of jobs lately

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 09:44:33 EDT 2008

I'd argue that the company is trying to sell itself to you - and that if you
show up all decked-out that you're over doing it, and they'll know they
don't have to try hard to get you.

If you're competent - and you don't show up looking like a total slob -
they'll want you.

I never show up in anything more interesting than pants and a polo or
short-sleeve button-up shirt. If they're that stuffy, I don't want to work
there.

Course, if you *like* suits and ties (I haven't worn either in over 10
years), then go for it.

WMM

Warren Myers
http://warrenmyers.com