[ale] Grandma's LAMP

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sun Jul 13 07:00:15 EDT 2008

I worked for a major pharmaceutical in NC that gave me grief any time I
brought up the idea of installing OSS tools like lsof on our Solaris
system.  I was always tempted to explain that some of the "distribution"
software we used like Perl and Apache that came with the Solaris were
actually OSS.   In the end I decided discretion was the better part of
valor - they might actually have tried to have me remove the OSS stuff
that was already there.

Funny that OpenSolaris is now in the world - maybe they saw that coming
and that's why they switched to AIX right before I left.