[ale] Last autoresponse notification for today

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Wed Jul 9 14:41:09 EDT 2008

2008/7/9 Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com>:
> The ale mail server automatically discards virus infected email. It does not
> bounce any email for virus infection or undeliverable or anything.
> It simply discards the chaff.

No it doesn't.  I have a lot of proof too. :-)  Here are the headers
from one of many emails where ALE's Mailman is sending a response
(including the viral content) back to jimpop at yahoo.com:

Subject: The results of your email commands
From: ale-bounces at ale.org
To: jimpop at yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 05:49:08 -0400
Sender: ale-bounces at ale.org

In short, the spoofed email is hitting ale.org, being accepted and
passed on to Mailman which is responding because jimpop at yahoo.com is
not subscribed.   I also have a few " Your message to Ale awaits
moderator approval" emails, containing URLs for the held emails.
However it looks like someone has deleted those emails from the ALE
moderator queue.

-Jim P.