[ale] Capturing & editing audio from a WMV

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Jan 30 14:45:12 EST 2008

Hi Chuck,

On 1/30/2008 at 1:33 PM Chuck Huber wrote:

>* PGP Signed by an unverified key: 01/30/08 at 13:33:21
>
>ALE'ers,
>
>I'm sure most of you have seen the TV commercials where Burger King
>discontinued the Whopper for a day.  The commercials feature clips of
>people's reaction to such news.  Well, I just received a WMV clip of
>such reactions that didn't make it to the commercials - censored out due
>to colorful language.  Most of the reactions are absolutely hilarious.
>(If anyone wants a copy of it, send me email directly.)
>
>What I'd like to do is use a linux-based tool to capture a segment of
>the audio and save it as MP3.  Does anyone have any suggestions for such
>a tool?

FFMPEG with the right codecs will probably work for  you.  <http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/>

If, however, you would like me to do it for you (since I still primarily work on an XP machine) I'll be glad to do it.  Either way, though, I'd like a copy. :cD

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting