[ale] OT: Web Templates

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Jan 27 10:09:01 EST 2008

Looking for comments,

About 2 weeks ago I went to a place called www.freewebtemplates.com.
I'm wanting to basically replace our site with a template found on this
site.  Nothing fancy.  Just quick.

One thing I noticed is that many templates used # of pixels in table
sizes and such vs percent.  At first the template looks good. However on
a large screen such as min you get a web page with a huge background and
a little bit of content in the middle.  In other words the page does not
scale with the window size.  Is this the normal way of doing things?  I
tried to convert one template to use percent instead of pixels and never
could get it to look right.

Chris