[ale] Any FAT recovery tools?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Jan 19 18:12:32 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-19 at 15:09 -0500, John Mills wrote:
> I wondered if anyone could suggest a Linux tool for this type
> 'unerase'? I was planning to capture the card image with 'dd',
> loopback-mount the image file, and work on that. I suppose this could
> even be scripted somewhere.

As an FYI, I did try this with a loopback image of my camera's SD card.
I was able to delete and recover several files on the FAT16 system.

I do not, however, seem to be able to make it work with fat32 systems;
it seems to not want to undelete the file.  Perhaps fat32 does something
different?  Not sure.

	--- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us