[ale] strange keyboard problem

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jan 11 14:15:43 EST 2008

On Fri January 11 2008, James Sumners wrote:
> I am totally adverse to running a mix of any of the branches. I will
> occasionally use a backport on stable. As for the testing being
> "constantly broken" statement, that may be a bit too strong. However,
> when testing breaks, it breaks. There is a much longer time between
> merges from unstable -> testing than there is from experimental ->
> unstable. So if a package (or set of packages) comes into testing from
> unstable, and they somehow break the testing branch, you will most
> likely have to wait a while before you get fixed packages. I've seen
> situations where apt couldn't install anything in testing because the
> libc6 package was broken; and it took way too long to get a fixed
> libc6.

I was just reading about how to install KDE 4.0 on Debian. Not only do you
need to be running Debian testing, but you still have to open up experimental
sources too... I think I'll wait on that one.. But on my laptop running
Kubuntu, I might try it:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800