[ale] sata dvd burner

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Fri Jan 11 10:52:24 EST 2008

Geoffrey wrote:
> I should likely clarify though.  When I said it wouldn't boot, it does
> run through post and all, but apparently it's confused as to where the
> boottable drives are.  I've got the box set up to boot from cd right
> now and I see the message where it says it's trying to boot from cd,
> which I always see before it boots from the hard drive.  With the sata
> dvd burner installed, it never get's past the 'booting from cd' message.

I tried using a PCI SATA card in a machine awhile ago, and never could
get it to work if both the on-card and on-board ports were in use at the
same time. One or the other was fine, but never both. The BIOS on the
card and MB conflicted and just would not work together. Its possible
you're seeing the same type of problem.

--
Jason Fritcher
jkf at wolfnet.org