[ale] Anybody done fancy reconfiguration of PAM on Fedora

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jan 10 16:26:13 EST 2008

Ok. Tried it and it failed. with an error message that
blinked past so fast I never saw what it said. So I
replaced "required" with "optional" (I'm not going live yet
here) so I could at least see the message. It claims to be
creating the home directory, and failing with a lack of
permissions (mumble mumble selinux mumble).

So I went nuts and tried putting the optional form at every
session line in the /etc/pam.d/login and a few within the
/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac files. No joy.

Evidently something either needs to be added to give a
useable selinux context, or something.  Off for some more
searching and muttering. Wish I could find some
comprehensible docs on this whole exercise. What I'm
finding is generic bumpft and isn't showing how selinux is
being delt with here.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.