[ale] Replacing Powerbook hard drive

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:13:25 EST 2008

I replaced the hard drive in my PowerBook G4 Aluminum (second to last
PB revision). I used the instructions at
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/PowerBook-G4-Al-15-Inch-1-5-1-67-BT-2-0-LR/HD-Replacement/64/8/
. They have guides for all of the other models as well. There are a
lot of steps, but it isn't that bad. Just make sure you reconnect the
touchpad ribbon, and don't disconnect it when replacing the upper
case. It will take about an hour to do.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/