[ale] OT: Mac OS X Leopard and MacPorts

Sean McNealy sean.mcnealy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 13:21:16 EST 2008

I had some trouble with macports after the upgrade from Tiger to
Leopard.  Turns out the upgrade removes XCode as part of the install
process, which includes your Mac C compiler and other very important
tools.  After downloading that again (free with a free ADC login) and
running a 'sudo port selfupdate', things started working again.

Also of note is that it archives your entire /usr directory so if
you're missing anything from there check '/Previous Systems'.

-Sean