[ale] Firefox periodically needs restarting

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 6 16:09:06 EST 2008

On Sunday 06 January 2008 01:54:41 pm Jim Lynch wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this?  I run Firefox for a while, usually a few
> days and it start slowing down to a crawl.  Typically I experience the
> slowdown by attempting to scroll a window by dragging the slider and it
> is stuck for a few seconds.  Then I might click on a link and nothing
> for a few seconds, then if I put up with it long enough when I do
> something it just hangs.  Never to come back.  Killlall javascript-bin
> time.  It's using a bunch of memory but then it does that when I first
> open it up.  And yes, I usually have a few windows and tabs open, but
> the only one usually with ajax activity is gmail.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

Firefox 3 is supposed to address most of the memory leak issues. I've had good
luck with 3.0b2 so far. I haven't left it up for days, though. I think it
crashed on me several times while running YouTube videos. At any rate, I'm
finding this version to be very stable already. If it were compatible with
all of my add-ons, I would be using it all of the time.