[ale] Broken Keyboard, help?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jan 5 22:50:52 EST 2008

Linda,

Sounds like a no fun day on your end.

But I have good news. vim will recover any files left open after a
sudden crash/non-save-event.

You can save your peace of mind by simply plugging in the USB keyboard
directly with he PS2 still plugged in. The USB stuff will let you run
two keyboards at the same time.

I have used (and LOVE!!!) the Matias USB keyboards that have a USB hub
and a dedicated USB 2.0 socket on the top-side of the keyboard
(MicroCenter has them in both PC and Mac formats - i.e. black with a
windows key and white with alternative native languages) for about $35.
Additionally <gag><sputter> Microsoft keyboards work quite well <gouges
out eyes for suggesting buying a Microsoft product/>.

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 16:56 -0500, Linda L. Hull. wrote:
> Forive me, g and h are not working.
>
> My usual keyboard is an IBM Class-M or Model M.
> My son uses t em too.
>
> A friend was sleepin  over, and needed the sofa, so I plugged
> in a usb keyboard we had lying around. Some keys stick and
> some don't work at all.
>
> I went to Micro-Center, across town and bought a new usb
> keyboard and ps/2 adaptor to usb. Got it home and the thing
> does not work.
>
> NOW my good keyboard is not working either and I HATE this broken
> thing.
>
> I run Ubuntu feisty, and can t call my son, e isnt answerin
>  is p one.
>
> Will it die if I unplug the PS/2 keyboard, so I have to reboot?
> I don't want to reboot because of vim not savin  properly.
>
> Are there tricks to making the Model M work? I know they ave a
> problem wit t e cable.
>
> (darned broken keyboard!)
>
> I ope it will let me read replies, but could you reply
> to my Ya oo as well?
>
> chalcedony6858 at ya oo.com
>
> Linda
>
> I pasted some letters, Im just very tired.

James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering
Local Net Solutions,LLC
770-493-8244