[ale] Bluetooth Headset

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Jan 5 13:41:42 EST 2008

Thanks for that information.  Here is what I did and read it to beware!

#1.  Went to Frys and bought a Vakoss TC-B712-UB BT adapter.
     It was on sale for $9.99

#2.  FC6 saw it
#3.  Started up vmware with Windoze XP
#4.  Oh!  the driver disk they sent me was actually
     blank.  Dug wrapper from trash can outside.  Went
     to http://www.vakoss.com and found the driver (158M). Why are BT
     packages so huge?  The driver page must be outsourced because it
     is the only page with popups.  Guess what?  The first popup took
     me to a Chinese porn site.  So a company outsources its download
     area to a site that sends me porn popups.  Beware!
#5.  I see 2 drivers v5 and V4.  Naturally I load V5 in Winders
#6.  10 minutes later "Bluetooth License Check Failed"  WTF?
#7.  Spend 30 minutes on Google
#8.  Remove V5 and load V4.
#9.  10 minutes later I sync Motorla H500 and I'm on EchoLink!
#10. FC6 having issues go to Xubuntu 7.10
#11. I can ping the headset but have not figured out how to get it
     to connect

I'll follow your instructions.  I suppose BT support is in the infancy
stages like I remember USB support years back.  I was expecting that the
user friendly disti called Ubuntu may have had this figured out.  There
must be a bit more work to be done and I'll use VIM to enable my
devices :)