[ale] Re-spinning FC8 CDs from DVD image

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Jan 2 12:47:03 EST 2008

ALErs -

I used bittorrent to capture the FC8 DVD and successfully burned a copy,
to find that my target machine won't boot from my USB DVD drive. &8-(

I started instead using 'jigdo' to download the CD re-spins from
'fedora-unity'. This is going along OK, but since I already have the DVD
and its *.iso, I expect many or all of the needed files could be respun
from that image.

I suspect I only need to [loop]mount the image or DVD, then name an
appropriate directory at the 'jigdo' prompt, to be scanned for available
files.

What directory on the FC8 DVD should I choose, or will 'jigdo' scan
recursively?

Thanks.

 - John Mills