[ale] Yahoo Groups: perils?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Feb 27 10:13:47 EST 2008

If you use Firefox with AdBlock and NoScript plugins along with the
built in popup blocker you don't see most of the advertising anyway.  I
regularly use Yahoo for things like reading news, chatting, email etc...
and don't have much problem with it.

Ironically though much of the spam that actually makes it to my Yahoo
Mail in box (rather than bulk mail folder which I simply empty without
perusing) comes from pornographers that have setup Yahoo Groups and are
inviting me to join.