[ale] FURTHER OT: GPS/nav units?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Feb 25 14:10:18 EST 2008

I watched the movie "The Lives of Others" yesterday.  It was an Oscar
winner for Best Foreign Film.  It dealt with the East German Stasi
pre-wall-fall.

Interestingly the Stasi's motto was given as "We want to know
everything".

Having a government that wants to keep track of all your phone calls
(without a warrant) and intercept international phone calls (also
without a warrant) sounds a lot like it is getting to the Stasi motto.

Too bad the Senate sold us out on Dubya's illegal activities and
provided retroactive immunity for AT&T and others that colluded with
him.  One can only hold the House will continue to hold back on this
provision at least.