[ale] Old Silicon, New Distros

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 22 20:47:28 EST 2008

James -

Thanks for the note. I could certainly install by network, but I still
need an appropriate boot diskette. What might you suggest?

Another option in the Slackware notes is kick-starting the installation
with any of various kernels, and 'loadlin'. It also occured to me that I
could add the CD drive to an existing GRUB or LiLo boot manager and get
going that way. (The box currently boots RedHat-7.3 and Win95.)

I guess it's just the 'old dog/new tricks' syndrome that has me looking
for a boot diskette.

 - Mills