[ale] a specter is haunting our school systems!

Developer dutch.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 21:41:08 EST 2008

I have to say that I just now picked up this blog spot and I have to
wonder one of two things...

1). First this is a fake. Can this be real? Come on....

2). If it is, then I have to say this is the funniest thing I have
ever read!! and I am not kidding. It sounds like some time warp out of
Leave it to Beaver. Anyone that would say that the whole world runs on
Windows, is well ignorant. Next, for her to say that she tried Linux
in college as have a whole lot of other people sounds like something
out of "Reefer Madness". I feel really bad for this teacher because
she sounds like she will actually research this "linux" thing... and
when she does she is going to feel completely ridiculous. Who hasn't
sent that email that you just wish you could reach through the ethers
and retrieve... W'help this will be hers.

I suggest we all take a moment, contemplate, and then thanks whatever
creator or power that be that we aren't this person. She can take
solace in that a good laugh was had... at her expense, but a good
laugh none the less.

Let's all send her our old M$ disks so she can have them to hand out
to folks. Then she can find out what M$ will do to someone that hands
out old copies in violation of the EULA. They are good folks in
Redmond, they won't mind. Just ask the Philadelphia School District
regarding a little old potential illegal load of Windows 98 on one of
their systems. I am sure it was fun producing all the documentation
for every windows system running in their district, and not too too
expensive. No raise for teachers that year as someone in Redmond's
License Security Department got a bump instead.... Not a bad haul for
them kindly folks @ M$.

Merry Christmas to all from Karen XXXXXXXXX of XXXXXXX Middle School
ASID.

PS maybe we can build a reality show around this Karen and her
exploits in the realm of computer policy enforcement.