[ale] Forcing NTPD to set time

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Mon Apr 21 10:42:16 EDT 2008

If this is VMware, you need to configure the guest to sync its clock with the host.  To accomplish this, do the following:
1) ensure you have VMware tools installed in the guests
2) turn off ntpd
3) In the .vmx file for the guess, make sure this line is present:
enable tools.syncTime = "TRUE"
(instead of editing the .vmx file, you could run the vmware-toolbox GUI application and check the box next to "Time synchronization between the virtual machine and the host operating system"

google "linux guest time synchronization site:vmware.com" for more details.

-Tim