[ale] Forcing NTPD to set time

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Apr 21 10:20:31 EDT 2008

I couldn't really comment VMWare's workings as my comments as noted were
based on what I'd seen on dual boot (Windoze/Linux) systems.

However, on doing a quick Google search it appears your issue is common
on VMWare guest systems.  This post on Red Hat's site seems like it
might lead you to the correct answer (even if you're not running
RedHat):
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_43_9259.shtm