[ale] Notes from FreeBSD 7, Solaris 10

GLA glallen01 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 15:54:12 EDT 2008

Solaris Express Developer Edition

Was going to try project Indiana after I read more about things but had already started the download for this one.

Motivation behind all this was... back in 2000, while working as tech support for Apple... I had a few friends that were getting various certifications, so I went ahead and got the A+ and Net+ certifications. But, refusing to mess with an MCSE I went and did Solaris instead. (Which probably shows what those cert's are worth since I passed the Sun one by installing S-7, playing with it for about two weeks, then taking the test, relying more on slackware instincts and memorization than any Solaris experience.) Anyway - since I had it for Solaris 7 (which kinda sucked) I thought I might go take the test again with Solaris 10 (which is supposed to be nifty) just for kicks.