[ale] speedfactory dead (was DSL Reports Thread)

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Sun Apr 13 15:45:01 EDT 2008

The URL below reports that Speedfactory has closed its doors.
I just did a DNS (A record) lookup on www.speedfactory.net and
a DNS (MX record) lookup on speedfactor.net and both failed.

I have recommended that clients have multiple ISPs for redundant access
to the Internet with the signal running over different hardware for many
years.  (That means not using only telephone wires!)

Some clients thought I was being rediculous.  Some here will
recall the Atlanta-area ISP that went belly-up without notice around
2001.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]