[ale] Fiber (was Ethernet)

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sun Apr 13 14:11:36 EDT 2008

I think Chris and Mike have reiterated what I was trying to say, that
the connectorization of fiber is both more expensive from a tools
perspective, a moving target, and a higher level skill than certainly
F-connectors on coax or RJ-45 on Cat 5/5e or even 8P8C connectors on
Cat6.  But I like Chris' suggestion of an ALE community toolchest, I'd
chip in.  Remember the suggestion a while back that we chip in to get
one of those $10,000 laser turntables to digitize our LPs (my wife is on
the lookout for one of these at an estate sale...).

Best, Daniel