[ale] can you get to speedfactory?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Apr 11 18:10:00 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 15:06 -0400, Louis Zamora wrote:
> so, if Speedfactory customer A in Buford can still ssh to Speedfactory customer B in Alpharetta and vice-versa.

	Can they?  My son can't even traceroute out past the other end of his
PPPOE session.  Run some traceroutes between them and then between each
and some outside address.  I would love to see the parallax view.

	Tracerouting in to some of their addresses I'm getting a N! network
unreachable as soon as I high the near (to me) border gateways.  That
indicates their networks are not in BGP.

	Looks to have gone down before 1030 this morning.  Still down, 7-12
hours later.  Not good.

> Doesn't this mean something more ugly like:

> Internet pipe is still up
> Firewall into Speedfactory is open
> Firewall out is hosed, hacked or?

> Ok, I guess I need to enforce better disaster recovery practices for my own business continuity, I just hate to use Speedfactory as "Case in Point"

> Louie

	Mike