[ale] MS Money Alternative (was error booting XP after dual boot install of Ubuntu 7.10)

Matt Kubilus mattkubilus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 14:06:38 EDT 2008

I don't know about mint, but...
I have yodlee setup with bugdets.  It auto updates my accounts,
categorizes the transactions, sends me email alerts when i'm nearing
thresholds.  I can login see what I've spent where, graph my income to
expenses over time, keep track of my net worth.

I think I could setup auto-bill pay, but I guess I'm just lazy.

It can take a little bit of setting up, but is far more convenient
than any of the local options I've used.

I'll admit the ms money has better charting options, but that pretty
much goes for all the other options.  In fact, I could download all my
transactions if I really needed more charting, but I find the built in
stuff good enough for my needs.

There are other online finance apps, but I would be a little careful.
Yodlee is the only one I'm aware of that actually is used by financial
organizations as their portal interface.

-Matt