[ale] MS Money Alternative (was error booting XP after dual boot install of Ubuntu 7.10)

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Tue Apr 8 22:29:20 EDT 2008

Daniel Howard wrote:
> We got all the critical files off of the drive before starting (although
> I've yet to find an open source alternative for M$ Money),

I've never used MS Money (heck, I've never given MS money), so I don't
know the exact features it offers, but there are several open-source
personal financial programs.

For my very simple needs, I've been happy with Homebank. It works well
on linux; you'll have to ask Aaron about the amiga version.

http://homebank.free.fr/ (linux, os x, amiga)
http://www.gnucash.org/ (linux, os x, windows)
http://www.grisbi.org/ (linux, windows)
http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/ (linux only afaict)