[ale] Mobo + Intel chip recommendations, please

PairOfTwins PairOfTwins at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 7 11:49:56 EDT 2008

Jim:

In January I built an Intel system for a demanding client (visually
impaired) and chose this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130120

That's one variation of the MSI G33M board.  It's < $100, supports 8 GB,
with 1 onboard PATA, 3 onboard SATA, and 2 onboard eSATA (which we
haven't tried yet).  We started with dual core, but it supports quad
also.  Only complaint --- software shutdown doesn't alway work, so he
has to hold down the power button a few seconds.  Waiting for the next
BIOS upgrade...

Tom