[ale] How could I have avoided this?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Oct 27 01:00:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 20:35 -0500, John Mills wrote:
> Today after my X11 session was murdered by an app, I couldn't restart
> Firefox because somewhere there was a marker that the old Firefox
> instance
> was still running, so the new one wouldn't start. Eventually I gave up
> and
> just blew away my '~/.mozilla/firefox' directory, taking with it my
> bookmarks, etc.
>
> How could I just have removed whatever tag was preventing Firefox
> from
> starting a new session?

I have noticed that sometimes, firefox-bin actually does stay running in
the background.  You can try checking for it and if it is running,
killing it.  It can sometimes be stubborn like that, though I don't
quite know why.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us