[ale] mount.cifs showing uid/gid of remote nas

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:41:17 EDT 2007

I know smbfs is deprecated. I suggested it for pretty much that
reason. It's old and might not be as willing to try and do everything
for you like cifs. The problem he is having is that the cifs protocol
is picking up two completely different uids automatically. In my
experience with smbfs, it uses the uid you specify and nothing else.