[ale] files from a mac

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 21:40:22 EDT 2007

James Sumners wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand the problem. What are you using to view the
> files which gives that error? Are you trying to view them directly
> from the USB drive? Or are you copying them to the local machine
> first?

i am trying to view them from the drive.  i have used GQview for the
pics and different text viewers for the documents.  the documents look
like they are encoded or something.  it reminds me of something being in
a different format than its' extension dictates.

do macs use hidden files like linux machines (with a preceeding ".")?
could it be possible that they are just links to the actual files and
maybe he is pulling something like a thumbnail directory?

all this is guesswork right now.

if i get my hands on the file how do you "zip" the thing on a Mac?
maybe something is getting lost in the file transfer, i dunno...

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/