[ale] laser printer

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Oct 12 12:06:18 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 10:37 -0400, zeb wrote:
> My HP deskjet has died, and I want to replace it with a laser printer.
>
> I would like a printer that is reliable, Linux friendly, and as inexpensive to
> buy and maintain as possible.
>
> Recommendations and suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

The Lexmark E240 is what I use.  I *love* it.  There are extended life
toner cartridges available on the Internet (6K page yield, lasts 8K
pages IME) for less money than Lexmark wants for their return program
cartridges, too.

The only thing that I would change if I could is to add automatic
duplexing to it... manual duplexing is a pain and does not work very
well for larger documents.

	--- Mike